    this board and if it will run WinXP home version?

    Thanks in advance,
    RH

    Roadhair, Mar 29, 2005

  2. Roadhair

    JK Guest

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:09:34 -0800, "Roadhair" <>
    wrote:

    >I have a BE6IIv1.2 that I've updated to a 2.0 (bios version ber_z72c,
    >courtesy of Tom G). Can anyone tell me what USB version is supported on
    >this board and if it will run WinXP home version?

    It will run windows xp fine. I have done that. Usb version is the old
    kind, - I am not sure about 1.0 or 1.1.
    One could add an usb 2.0 pci card.

    best regards

    John

    JK, Mar 29, 2005

  3. "Roadhair" wrote in message...
    >I have a BE6IIv1.2 that I've updated to a 2.0 (bios version ber_z72c,
    >courtesy of Tom G).

    Cough, and with a little bit of help from the bloke who actually made the
    BIOS. ;-)

    > Can anyone tell me what USB version is supported on this board

    1.1

    > and if it will run WinXP home version?

    Yep, no problems at all. In fact, XP drivers are included in the Z72C
    package. ;-)
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Richard Hopkins, Mar 29, 2005
  4. >"Roadhair" wrote in message...
    >I have a BE6IIv1.2 that I've updated to a 2.0 (bios version ber_z72c,
    >courtesy of Tom G).

    ....with a little bit of help from Abit, and the bloke who actually made the
    custom BIOS. ;-)

    > Can anyone tell me what USB version is supported on this board

    1.1

    > and if it will run WinXP home version?

    Yep, no problems at all. In fact, XP drivers and installation instructions

    Richard Hopkins, Mar 29, 2005
  5. Roadhair

    Roadhair Guest

    Sorry to leave you out of the "credits" Richard. Thanks for all your fine
    work. It is definately appreciated by all or at least by me.
    RH :eek:)

    Roadhair, Mar 30, 2005