    supplies
    but i dont think my beep pattern match them

    thanks

    zero, Oct 5, 2003

  2. zero

    Leon Rowell Guest

    AWARD BIOS Beep Sound Message

    1 short (Beep) System booting is normal.
    2 short (Beep) CMOS setting error
    1 long - 1 short (Beep) DRAM ERROR
    1 long - 2 short (Beep) Display card or monitor connection error
    1 long - 3 short (Beep) Keyboard Error
    1 long - 9 short (Beep) ROM Error
    Long (Beep) continuous: DRAM hasn't been inserted correctly.
    Short (Beep) continuous: POWER supply has a problem.

    Leon Rowell

    Leon Rowell, Oct 5, 2003

  3. zero

    zero Guest

    thankyou

    zero, Oct 5, 2003
  4. zero

    Leon Rowell Guest

    No problem....

    Leon

    Leon Rowell, Oct 5, 2003
  5. zero

    TomG Guest

    a two tone beep? that is usually heat or voltage related and on that board,
    I have not heard of any voltage related issues cause by the board.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 117,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Oct 5, 2003
  6. zero

    Nick Carter Guest

    My BE7 is the same, after flashing the bios it is OK for a few weeks, then
    the beeps return. I have tried various power supplies with no change, the
    video card is an Abit Siluro Geforce 3 Ti which you would think was
    compatible. I think I am going to return it before the guarantee runs out.
    The network connection is flakey too, often giving local network speeds of
    300k/sec whereas all the other computers on the net transfer at 5-7
    Meg/sec. Any new suggestions?

    Nick Carter, Oct 6, 2003
  7. zero

    dr_hardwrae Guest

    May be bad electrolytic capacitors. Check for any bulges, discoloration at
    the tops and/or bottom of the caps. Some pictures of bad caps at:
    http://www.motherboardrepair.com/

    dr_hardwrae, Oct 6, 2003
  8. zero

    Temor Guest

    On a BE7.............Noooooooooooooooo please god noooooooooooooooooo.

    Temor, Oct 6, 2003
  9. zero

    TomG Guest

    I have never seen or heard of the bad cap syndrome on the BE7 or any board
    newer than and including the KG7

    TomG, Oct 6, 2003
  10. zero

    Temor Guest