    directly on it.

    I'm looking for something like a transmitter/receiver setup so I save on
    power consumption on the transmitter (in a very small space).

    Marco Shaw, Feb 17, 2007

  2. Marco Shaw

    Jack Peacock Guest

    You might look at the Sharp GPY02 series of distance ranging IR reflectors.
    It's a 5V unit with matched IR diode and receiver. The output is a pulse
    proportional to the distance of the object, typically in the 20-40cm range.
    It also sees through some transparent plastics; I use it count objects
    moving through a plastic tube. No special reflector at the far end, though
    there are some limitations on contrast gradient.
    Jack Peacock

    Jack Peacock, Feb 17, 2007