    computer seems to work very well otherwise. It happens while I'm working,
    NOT during power up.
    -Pete

    Pete, Jun 11, 2005

  2. Pete

    Cool_X Guest

    Pete,
    This may not help, but if it does, I'll be happy.

    How often does the beep happen?

    I think that a program (or an internet browser running a certain site caused this beep.

    What all programs were you running, and if you were running a browser, then what site were you on?

    Assuming it keeps beeping a lot, mute the audio on your computer and then see if there's
    another beep.

    If even that doesn't work, then keep the audio muted and disconnect all speakers (if applicable).

    Please let me know about my above questions, whether the problem got identified/fixed, and if
    so, how it was fixed.

    Hope to hear from you soon, and I hope I helped!

    Cool_X

    Cool_X, Jun 11, 2005

  3. Pete

    Cool_X Guest

    In my reply, I was assuming that the beep was coming from is computer, and I was also assuming
    that he was using a desktop PC.

    Just to make that clear.

    Cool_X

    P.S. I hope he reads my posts, and that I wasn't wasting my time trying to help him...!

    Cool_X, Jun 12, 2005
  4. Pete

    Pete Guest

    Thanks to everyone who replied.
    I took the advice and disconnected the speakers. Still had the beep!
    Then my wife told me we have a SECOND smoke detector hidden under a shelf I
    built. The batteries were low, and so it beeped. Problem identified and
    solved.
    I just get nervous when something seems wrong with my computer.
    -Pete

    Pete, Jun 13, 2005
  5. Pete

    Cool_X Guest

    Pete,
    I'm so glad I helped!!!

    If there's anything I can do to help you in the future, don't hesitate to contact me
    (preferably by e-mail, which should be listed)!

    Have a great day, and don't forget to change the batteries in ALL your smoke detectors
    REGULARLY, smoke detectors are VERY useful devices...

    Cool_X

    Cool_X, Jun 13, 2005