behold: Killzone 'render target'-like graphics have been achieved on PS3

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Air Raid, Jun 15, 2006.

  1. Air Raid

    Air Raid Guest

    Air Raid, Jun 15, 2006

  2. Air Raid

    Angus Looney Guest

    I wouldn't say those shots are up to the quality of the infamous "in game
    footage" from E3 2005

    Angus Looney, Jun 15, 2006

  3. I think you missed the last line of his post..... "NOT"

    The Berzerker, Jun 15, 2006
  4. Air Raid

    Air Raid Guest

    seems you completely missed the sarcasm ;)

    Air Raid, Jun 15, 2006
  5. Air Raid

    Chris F Guest

    Chris F, Jun 15, 2006
  6. I think that was his point.

    However, going to the main page for Killzone on that website (which is
    incredibly slow, BTW), I don't see those shots listed

    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/game.php?id=7626

    Not saying he's pulling a Dan Rather, but it is possible he took them out of
    context, much like those NBA shots, where you only linked to pictures that
    proved his point, while ignoring ones that didn't

    Jeremy Reaban, Jun 15, 2006
  7. Air Raid

    CellFish Guest

    Looks pretty generic to me.

    CellFish, Jun 15, 2006
  8. Air Raid

    Jordan Guest

    Yeah, doesn't look like Killzone to me either. The color selection is
    compltely different from what we saw before (more browns than blues.)

    This smells of "Generic FPS on PS3" - In fact, it looks more like Coded
    Arms than anything else.

    - Jordan

    Jordan, Jun 15, 2006
  9. Air Raid

    Zackman Guest

    I think you're right. It Whatever it is, it looks like crap.

    -Z-

    Zackman, Jun 16, 2006
  10. Air Raid

    Spaceman Guest

    surely those aren't really PSshitty screens. it's probably some generic PC
    shooter by a small developer.

    Spaceman, Jun 16, 2006
  11. Air Raid

    Jordan Guest

    Jordan, Jun 16, 2006
  12. Air Raid

    Jordan Guest

    Jordan, Jun 16, 2006
  13. Air Raid

    Zackman Guest

    Zackman, Jun 16, 2006
  14. Air Raid

    Android Guest

    Nope. It is for PS3...although they are also releasing a separate PSP Coded
    Arms sequel.

    My actual commentary during Sony's E3 press conference:

    (Visuals show virtual Tokyo-type world and futuristic soldier)
    My boss: "What do you think that is?"
    Me: "I don't know. I hope it isn't a PS3 version of Coded Arms..."
    (Visuals show Coded Arms title/logo)
    Me: D'oh!

    As for why I said that:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...102-8647344-4891354?s=books&v=glance&n=283155
    (One of the toughest guide projects I've done so far)

    Android, Jun 16, 2006
  15. Air Raid

    Mattinglyfan Guest

    Mattinglyfan, Jun 16, 2006
  16. Air Raid

    Unmutual Guest

    These are from the pre-rendered trailer.

    Unmutual, Jun 16, 2006
  17. Air Raid

    Jordan Guest

    Jordan, Jun 16, 2006
  18. Air Raid

    Not Swami Guest

    Not Swami, Jun 16, 2006
  19. Air Raid

    Fred Liken Guest

    I agree, or a touch screen or something. Come on SONY! Why did you cripple
    the PSP?!

    Fred Liken, Jun 16, 2006
  20. Air Raid

    Mattinglyfan Guest

    When Sony heard about the light, how much do you want to bet they started a
    redesign of the PSP with dual analog. As for touch screen (I know you were
    being sarcastic), I think the "look" of the PSP screen is its strong point
    and the scratching of the touch screen would take away from that.

    Mattinglyfan, Jun 16, 2006