    the newer macs). Is there anyway I can get DEEP sleep (~zero power
    consumption)?

    Thanks,

    Bill Mazlar, Jul 30, 2004

  2. Bill Mazlar

    Bob Blaylock Guest

    Nope.

    Even shut down completely, it consumes a little bit of power to keep
    the clock running. The only way to get zero power consumption would be
    to shut it down, unplug it, and remove the motherboard battery.

    --
    I hate spam, but that isn't really part of my email
    address. Remove the string "HatesSpam" from this email

    Ever wonder what it'd be like to be a blood-sucking parasite?
    http://tinyurl.com/7wxk

    Bob Blaylock, Jul 30, 2004

  3. Bill Mazlar

    l Guest

    AFAIK those machines did not sleep any better with older OS:es, so
    Jaguar is really not a change except that its energy saver lacks the
    power on/off scheduling.

    ..lauri

    l, Jul 30, 2004
  4. Bill Mazlar

    Clark Martin Guest

    No, it simply doesn't have the hardware to do a power down sleep.

    Clark Martin, Jul 31, 2004