    - Videocard probably agp but have no idea what kind of card to take.
    Like to play games a lot.

    Any help greatly appriciated!

    Moods, Feb 8, 2005

  2. Moods

    Veritech Guest

    although the purists among us will most likely say, otherwise i would say go
    for either a 754 3000+ or 3200+(£95 & £120 respectively.) and i'm guessing
    that you don't have an atx 2.0 psu, so stay away from the abit NF8, great
    board but needs a 2.0 psu. If you can afford it go 939 and get some thing
    with nforce 4 asus, abit and gigabyte are my personal favourites. As for
    the whole mobile 64 question, thats some elses problem, lol.

    Hope that was at least a little helpful

    Veritech, Feb 9, 2005

  3. Moods

    Forum User Guest

    Don't know how you want to quantify bang4buck, but a twin graphics system
    NF4-SLi PCIe would run on socket 939.
    Should get some nice benchies.

    Forum User, Feb 9, 2005
  4. Most users would like to see some real life benefits not some crappy
    benchmark numbers. Benchmarks are just marketing trick to lure ppl into
    buying hardware that costs more hence bring more profit to hardware
    manufactorers.

    Der Steppenwolf, Feb 10, 2005
  5. Moods

    Forum User Guest

    Easy, tiger.
    Benchmarks still provide a guide to RW performance.
    But if you're happy with your KT133a and XP1500+, that's fine too. ;)

    Forum User, Feb 10, 2005
  6. Well I agree, partially. Remember MMX hype, SSE hype and so on, we are
    still waiting for those software optimizations that will "change the way
    we live". What happen to that "rich Internet experience" that P4
    promised us ? Guy asked for most bang for buck and i really doubt that
    SLI fits in there. How many ppl actually can see difference between
    60fps and 120fps. Very few i would say. So IMHO to spend 500 or 600$ on
    2 video cards just to be able to brag about bench numbers is quite useless.

    Der Steppenwolf, Feb 10, 2005
  7. Moods

    Forum User Guest

    You obviously don't sim with FS9 - extremely power-hungry.
    It'll suck your system dry.
    Hardware's always one step behind software - and there'll always be
    games/sim's that you can't run at full chat.
    Combat FS3 kicked my ass into gear with an XP-M @ 10 X 255 and 9800XT o/c'd.
    Now I want NF4 SLi 2xPCI-e for FS9.
    And then there's Colin McRae Rally 2006 to come.

    Very few i would say. So IMHO to spend 500 or 600$ on

    Forum User, Feb 11, 2005