    games better than average.

    Thanks for any suggestions,
    Gary

    GBeard, Jul 22, 2005

  2. GBeard

    DaveL Guest

    You need to specify agp or pci-e. To get better than average performance
    from an Nvidia card you'd need to spend a little more. How about $160 for a
    6600GT or maybe $120 for a 6600. I've seen some ATI 9800pro getting close
    to your price range but those are ATI. In the $100 range, I'd go ATI.

    DaveL

    DaveL, Jul 22, 2005

  3. GBeard

    GBeard Guest

    Thanks Dave,
    I need an AGP card. I know the price isn't that high, but I'm replacing a
    GeForce GTS card...so, I'm really looking for something better than the GTS
    and under $100.
    My GTS card just went on the blink and I need to replace it asap. So, I'll
    probably just rely on the groups opinion for this minor upgrade.

    Any other suggestions?

    GBeard, Jul 22, 2005

  4. About the best you'll do is either an ATI 9600XT, or the
    Nvidia 6200. Newegg has both these cards under $100.00. Make sure the
    6200 is the 128bit interface version though. Newegg has a PNY 6200 AGP
    that is around $73.00, and the reviews say it can be unlocked into a
    6600 non-GT.

    Larry Roberts, Jul 22, 2005