    Can anyone offer me any advice about which fan/heatsink may work best?

    Thanks
    B.

    B., Sep 22, 2003

  2. B.

    Mangyrat Guest

    take a look at this one the Zalman heat pipe.
    oc systems has a bad rep but if you read the posts in the past. its mostly
    due to cheap mem and video cards but everything else is good. i tryed them
    for mem last month and the mem worked fine. i dont think i would order a
    $400 video card from them but a $30 video card cooler hell yea i would order
    from them. im thinking of getting the blue one for 9700 for $15 looks good.
    i also want to try some of that COPPER Thermal Compound and see if its any
    better than Arctic Silver 3.
    oh yea the shiping is slow.

    http://www.ocsystem.com/zalzm80ahvga.html

    Mangyrat, Sep 22, 2003

  3. B.

    Strontium Guest

    I'm quite pleased with my SILENT Zalman ZM80A-HP.

    -

    Strontium, Sep 22, 2003

  4. Hi,
    get in contact with Hercules support and they should send you a replacement
    HSF. .

    Wayne ][

    Wayne Youngman, Sep 22, 2003
  5. B.

    B. Guest

    Thanks for your replies everyone.
    I might try and see if Hercules will send me a new fan , if not then I'm
    gunna try the Zalman pipe , but chuck a fan on it.

    My only question with the Zalman is : do the original heatsinks on the ram
    have to come off to mount it? I'm a bit worried about damaging my ram.

    B.

    B., Sep 23, 2003
  6. B.

    Brian Jones Guest

    Yes, I believe they would have to come off as the Zalman heatpipe
    covers the GPU and ram.

    Brian Jones, Sep 23, 2003
  7. B.

    Strontium Guest

    That depends on how high the sinks protrude from the ram... On my card
    (Powercolor 9700np), the Zalman has about a 1/2 inch clearance between the
    ram chips and the Zalman sink. I've got some old ramsinks from my Athlon
    Gold finger overclocking days. They are only 1/4 inch in height. So, would
    fit just fine. Again, depends on the height of the sinks.

    -
    Brian Jones stood up at show-n-tell, in

    Strontium, Sep 23, 2003
  8. B.

    MKH1 Guest

    How about a Zalman without a fan? Ive got one. Its great.
    Overclocking will not get it ready for next generation of games ;-)

    Martin.

    MKH1, Sep 23, 2003