Best cooling approach for A8N-SLI wth dual POV 7800 SLI cards

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Olav, Feb 27, 2006.

  1. Olav

    Olav Guest

    I am considering buying a better cooling system for my PC.
    I have my hw stacked up inside a Coolermaster CM Stacker 810.
    I run a A8N SLI Premium and two Point Of View 7800 SLI cards.
    There are 8 HDDs in there also, so naturally the system is not the coldest
    place in the room.
    The CPU temp runs at 45C most of the time, which I think is a bit on the high
    side.
    I have mounted the Cross Flow Fan and will mount the Susurro CPU fan (16dB
    noise level) this week, but I still want to cool down the system a bit more, as
    well as keeping down the noise level.

    Does anybody here have any experience running a watercooled system like this?
    Or maybe have some other recommendations about how to get to the coldest
    possible and most silent state without switching the thing off :)

    tia
    Olav

    Olav, Feb 27, 2006