    Or will he live in me
    Is he tryin' to get out or tryin' to enter me

    THX 1138

    fastfwd, Aug 18, 2004

  2. fastfwd

    fastfwd Guest

    Any suggestions around $750?

    No gaming. Maybe used to edit some video. I mostly use the laptop as a
    media hub and entertainment center. S-Video output would be preferred. I
    see the HP Compaq R3000Z as PC Magazine's Editor Choice and happens to have
    a few rebates right now. I know it's not considered a really prestigious
    brand. The Dell Inspiron 1000 comes in pretty cheap, but appears to use
    integrated graphics. Isn't that going to limit system memory performance
    speed? What kind of hit does that mean?

    Basically, I'm looking for the most performance for the money and weight
    isn't a really big issue.

    --
    A sickened mind and spirit
    The mirror tells me lies

    fastfwd, Aug 18, 2004

  3. How about the Averatec AV3225HS? I got one at Micro Center for $699 after
    manufacturer's rebate, Micro Center rebate, and rebate for applying for Micro
    Center Master Card. No S-video output but a sweet little machine for the
    money.

    Jim

    Jim Youngmeyer, Aug 18, 2004
  4. fastfwd

    j647 Guest

    I got a compaq 2103us for $699 and a $30 rebate + a few rebates on a
    printer and a thumb drive. Plusses" bright screen, has your S-video out,
    price, keyboard is nice, decent software bundle; does a nice job playing
    dvd's, minus is shared memory, only 256 (64 is shared); I'll need to add
    another 256 but that's only $40-$45, 30gb hd but that's not terrible, .
    Worth a look, here's a link to outpost's deal. (I have delt many times with
    outpost, always very happy.) http://www.outpost.com/product/4079562

    j647, Aug 19, 2004