Best Current Value Notebook Deals/ HP Presario R3000z vs. Dell Inspiron 1000

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by fastfwd, Aug 18, 2004.

  1. fastfwd

    fastfwd Guest

    Looking for suggestions for a value notebook. I see over at
    techbargains.com that the Dell is going for $699 and they list the HP for
    around $775. The HP is in this month's PC Magazine as an Editor's Choice.
    I get the impression that HP isn't as prestigious, but that aside -
    performance wise isn't the HP the better choice?

    I'm also a bit confused on integrated graphics. Doesn't that limit your
    system ram in it's speed and what is it limited to? Is the Dell integrated?
    I see the HP has a separate video card. Gaming isn't a big concern, but I
    would like the best performance possible - possibly for video editing. My
    pc is a 650 Duron - so this is going to be a screamer in comparison.

    --
    A sickened mind and spirit
    The mirror tells me lies

    THX 1138