    fast system for say an audio/video system? minus the vcard or scard, just
    need the cpu and mainboard info please and many MANY thanks for those
    watching all the sales closely well in advance...Joe

    Joe_Z, May 13, 2007

  2. Joe_Z

    Venom Guest

    You will need DDR2 ram too.

    Venom, May 13, 2007

  3. Joe_Z

    _--_-_ Guest

    The 2.5 gig brisbane dual cores are cheap. Kinda klunky, but they'll
    do the job and run cool.

    _--_-_, May 13, 2007
  4. Joe_Z

    cr500r Guest

    Why are they klunky? maybe the cache is only 512K? I've read they
    overclock nice to redeem themselves.

    cr500r, May 14, 2007
  5. Joe_Z

    Joe_Z Guest

    Sorry for being so late I have a lot of 333 ddr laying around, ugh, I'd
    forgot just how far they've gone in hardware in 5 years, I bought in when
    the xp1700 clocked to 2100 so easily, I can buy ram but I'm looking to save
    money if at all possible but want something correct at the same time, again,
    many MANY thanks...Joe

    AMD will always be the best bang for buck absolute no question... not that
    Intel is bad but I'm not a rich fanboy, AMD will rise again...

    I've been an AMD guy since the duron 700 clocked to 1gig, really I clocked
    the athlon 700 slot if that says how long I've been an AMD boy :) thanks
    again...

    Joe_Z, May 16, 2007
  6. Joe_Z

    Joe_Z Guest

    dual core? hmm? AMD right? I've been absent from the clocking scene for a
    long time sorry...Joe

    Joe_Z, May 16, 2007
  7. Joe_Z

    Martik Guest

    I've analysed both AMD and Intel. The best bang for your buck using existing
    DDR1 and AGP video is
    the dual core Intel E4300 and Asrock 4coredual-vsta M/B at $112 + $59 which
    easily oclocks to 2.7Ghz (ie: AMD X2 6000) Wait until Q3 and get an E4500
    with 11x multiplier for even greater oclocks. Newegg.com has some good
    reviews on both.

    Martik, May 16, 2007
  8. Joe_Z

    Joe_Z Guest