    Hi,
    about your opinion which is the best driver for geforce2mx?
    thank

    natan75, Nov 21, 2004

  2. natan75

    Biz Guest

    What OS?
    30.82, 40.72, all work flawlessly

    Biz, Nov 21, 2004

  3. natan75

    Bmchan Guest

    Agreed that we need more info in the MOBO etc. But if you have a GF2
    installed , it won't run any of the new games. I have an Intel
    PC2100 2.4ghz P4 with 1 gig of RAM and Doom 3 brings my sytem to its
    knees. My driver is 44.03.

    Bmchan, Nov 21, 2004
  4. Ay-yi! It even brings a GF3 to its knees. Not too special with a GF4 either.
    Works just dandy with the fastest and next fastest box with 4x and 2xAA,
    respectively. A vanilla 6800 or even an AGP 6600 will help greatly. Hell,
    even a FX 5900 ain't bad at all, or anything ATI 9700 on up is good to go...

    Well, I can tell you this much, anything over 6.18 doesn't work well with
    Socket 7...the 4x.xx range seem to work best otherwise...

    Nerdillius Maximus, Nov 21, 2004
  5. natan75

    natan75 Guest

    Thank...
    my MOBO is an AsusA7v8x-x
    Cpu Thoro 2000+ overclocked to 2600+
    513Mb ram dddr333

    and..which is the last compatible DirecX cor my geforce?
    what do you thing about 3rd part drivers?

    natan75, Nov 21, 2004
  6. natan75

    Bmchan Guest

    Have you considered adding another 512 stick of RAM?

    Bmchan, Nov 21, 2004
  7. natan75

    natan75 Guest

    at the moment no

    natan75, Nov 21, 2004
  8. natan75

    DaveW Guest

    Try using the 45.23 for stability with that older card.

    DaveW, Nov 21, 2004
  9. DX9c works with it, like it works with a bunch of older cards (including the
    Voodoo 5, believe it or not), but the card does not support advanced caps.
    It's really a DX7 card in semi-DX8 clothing, as the FX 5200 etc. are pretty
    much useless with DX9...
    I like Omega's sets, or I hack my own sometimes, depending on how much
    visual quality I can get away with on older cards before framerate becomes
    an issue...then again, I've been known to flash higher clocks into video
    BIOSes too, if the card in question is holding the CPU back and I have
    enough of a comfortable margin of overclock...

    How's Italy this time of year? Always wanted to visit if I could find the
    time. Lot of good things come from there...good food, wine, beautiful women,
    sports cars, Ducatis, good old-fashioned family values ;-)...

    Nerdillius Maximus, Nov 22, 2004
  10. That set works ok. Just about anything in the 4x.xx works well, as I recall,
    but I prefer the 41.14 or the 40.52 sets because they seem a little faster
    and just as stable. IIRC, the 40.52s are the last set without the annoying
    Macrovision hooks (it's not an issue, really, it can be worked around).
    YMMV. With a MX, every little bit helps.

    Nerdillius Maximus, Nov 22, 2004
  11. natan75

    Biz Guest

    With a MX, every little bit helps.
    Or if you're a glass half empty kind of person, with an MX, NOTHING helps...

    Biz, Nov 22, 2004
  12. natan75

    Dimento Guest

    Here is what I did; Somebody posted to use 40.52 to fix Macrovision problem
    I had. It fixed it all right (thanx )! Then i simply installed Omega
    drivers. Now I have v56.72 driver (56.xx is minimal requirement for, let's
    say Hitman Contracts) and I still have perfectly good TV picture...

    Dimento, Nov 22, 2004