    2 x 512mb G.Skill DDR Ram PC4400 (DDR550)
    Enermax PSU 600w
    Watercooled CPU

    sacrum, Jan 14, 2006

  2. sacrum

    Romano C Guest

    Latest offcorse from official nvidia site.Cool configuration btw.

    Romano C, Jan 14, 2006

  3. sacrum

    sacrum Guest

    Thanks - got the 4400 @ 2.64ghz - very good cpu...

    I was wondering if any of the beta drivers were decent - i'm currently on
    82.65

    sacrum, Jan 14, 2006
  4. sacrum

    Jester Guest

    Hi, excuse me for going off topic, can I ask if you've benchmarked it yet?
    I've just this afternoon built a shuttle sn25p, with an asus 7800gt, the
    same 4400 x2 cpu, 2 x 1gb ram (crucials standard, nothing fancy), and a
    300gb barracuda sata HDD.
    I have literally just got windows patched and drivers installed about and
    hour ago. It scores 6772 on 3d05.
    I was wondering what yours clocks in at as its very similarly spec'ed.
    Not sure what the drivers are, the ones that came with it so probably out of
    date (I'm not on it at the moment or I'd check).

    Cheers.

    Jester, Jan 14, 2006
  5. sacrum

    sacrum Guest

    3dmark 05 11k
    The 4400x2 is clocked stable @ 2660mhz - the GTX is at 600/1800

    sacrum, Jan 14, 2006
  6. sacrum

    Jester Guest

    Holy cow!

    Thanks for that.

    Jester, Jan 15, 2006
  7. sacrum

    John Lewis Guest

    Is this an advertisement of your wealth or a serious question ?

    Actually the MSI is a NF4 chip-set.

    See the nVidia site for the latest driver compatible with the
    7800GTX512. Anything downloaded from 3dguru (or the nVidia BETA
    archive) and not on the nVidia Release-page is BETA release, with
    bugs not fully documented and your "mileage may vary" -- a
    lot.......... The Release versions come with a full set of Release
    Notes, documenting bugs fixed and still-outstanding known bugs.

    BTW, nVidia has now finally announced that the 7800GTX512
    is only a "limited release". Soon to be superseded by the
    next-generation (G71 ?) at a much lower price-point.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Jan 15, 2006
  8. sacrum

    John Lewis Guest

    Yep, got my X2 4400+ running at 2.65GHz, air-cooled Zalman CNPS 9500
    @ 1500RPM on A8N32-SLI motherboard. Prime 95, zero errors 24hr tests
    all 3 default stress-tests, both cores 100% loaded with dual-instances
    of Prime95. Nary a crash on intense 3D-games or pro applications.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Jan 15, 2006
  9. sacrum

    sacrum Guest

    Typo - well spotted!
    Should have been more specific - A clean install of xp pro sp2 is slow
    booting since install of x2 cpu - I believe its linked to graphics
    driver...hoping a later release may resolve this issue.
    And? Then no doubt I'll have one of those. I build custom gaming rigs and
    test them before delivery.

    sacrum, Jan 15, 2006
  10. sacrum

    John Lewis Guest

    What do you mean by slow ? Do you have a bunch of start-up
    programs trying to load before the desktop is fully up.

    Mine is NOT slow-booting. 45 seconds from power-on to Desktop.
    A8N32-SLI motherboard, X2 [email protected], 7800GTX256, driver 81.98,
    on-board audio, XPPro SP2. My previous system P4 Prescott 3.2GHz took
    over 1 minute with earlier nVidia drivers 66.93 etc and a FX5900.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Jan 15, 2006
  11. sacrum

    sacrum Guest

    By slow I mean 5mins - googled this issue and it is not too uncommon - ms
    are sending me a hotfix. I have reverted back to 81.98 drivers and thus far
    all seems ok. out of interest what voltage are you using @ 2.65ghz? I'm
    stable at that speed but with a slight increase to around 1.425 as my mobo
    undervolts.

    sacrum, Jan 16, 2006