    am thinking that this is not that cool and am wondering if there is a better
    fan/heatsink that will fit this board. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

    Charles Gray, Sep 16, 2003

  2. Charles Gray

    TomG Guest

    Zalman copper flower (CN700CU I think...)

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 115,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Sep 17, 2003

  3. Charles Gray

    John Lewis Guest

    CNPS4000 AlCU or CNPS 4000Cu

    Available from www.sharkacorp.com.

    The CNPS 4000 Cu violates the Intel weight spec
    for the heat-sink/fan. The CNPS heat-sink is attached
    to the plastic retainers for the normal heat-sink. The extra
    weight exposes the support to a higher likelihood to
    fracture due to mechanical shock.

    I am using the AlCu version of the heat-sink. It works
    very well, at least 6-7 degrees C cooler than the stock
    and it is very quiet. Also, the new (taller) Abit NB
    heat-sink fits very nicely next to the CNPS 4000
    on the IC7.

    Now for the bad news........... I have just read a couple
    of hours ago that the CNPS 4000 may collide with
    the OTES cooling tunnel on the IC7 Max 3. Unfortunately,
    I have lost track of that posting. I don't think it was
    on the Abit newsgroup.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Sep 17, 2003
  4. Charles Gray

    BigBadger Guest

    Seems to me that Abit have screwed up with this Otes thing....what's the
    point in having the coolest power circuitry is you can't install a decent
    cpu cooler??

    ........I'd remove the Otes and fit an SLK......

    BigBadger, Sep 18, 2003
  5. Charles Gray

    John Lewis Guest

    Gimmick.... just like the IDE security stuff.............

    The ZalmanCNPS 4000 flower-cooler does a very effective job indeed
    of not only cooling the CPU, but also efficiently directing air over
    the CPU regulators and their associated capacitors.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Sep 18, 2003
  6. Charles Gray

    John Lewis Guest