    Anybody know of an IDE card that is KNOWN to work in a pe2300 ?

    I don't really need the latest UATA-133, it's only for CD-Rom access.

    - FM -

    Fred Mau, Mar 24, 2005

  2. Fred Mau

    NuTCrAcKeR Guest

    NuTCrAcKeR, Mar 25, 2005

  3. Fred Mau

    Fred Mau Guest

    Had to give up on the IDE anyway, tried several cards (Promise, SIIG, etc,)
    couldn't find ANY that wouldn't hang it at POST. Must be something about
    the motherboard, I even pulled every other card and turned off everything I
    could find in the setup, still hung.

    I ended up sticking in a beige Ricoh SCSI CD-RW (for now).

    The problem isn't finding a black SCSI CD-ROM, it's finding a black SCSI
    CD-RW.

    - FM -

    Fred Mau, Mar 25, 2005
  4. Fred Mau