Best, most stable driver for a nVidea 6800GT OC AGP?

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by MP, Jun 12, 2006.

  1. MP

    MP Guest

    GPU: BFG nVidea GeForce 6800GT OC (AGP, 256 MB)
    CPU: 3.4 GHZ Pentium 4

    So...what's the best, most well-tested, stable driver to use nowadays for
    the above GPU?

    I'm still using the 78.01 driver with no problems, but I thought mebbe I
    should go ahead and un-install the 78.01 driver, and install the 89.XX or at
    least the 84.XX driver. Maybe there are even more recent ones.

    Several months back I was reading there were "problems" with one or the
    other of these nVidea drivers for the 6800GT OC (AGP).

    Any heads up I should know about? I'm not having any problems running any
    game well (Oblivion, for example), and wondering if I should leave well
    enough alone.

    This is my "back-up" computer, as I've joined the ranks of SLI and 7900GT
    users and use those drivers accordingly.

    Just wondering if updating the driver set will make that much difference
    with this AGP GPU.

    Thanks!

    Mark

    MP, Jun 12, 2006

  2. MP

    Corvus Guest

    The latest beta driver (91.31) cures the "rubber band mouse" problem in
    Oblivion (if you know what i mean..). Pefectly stable, but a message pops up
    after each boot that SLI had to be disabled( small wonder with AGP card in a
    PCIe/AGP combo mobo)

    Corvus, Jun 12, 2006