    "By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meets
    the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it is
    unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to s

    Carl Agren, Jun 26, 2003

  2. Carl Agren

    LittleMac Guest

    Carl Agren wrote:
    || I am looking for recommendations for partition software for my new
    || XP notebook. I own Partition Magic 7.0 but won't use it, as it
    || ruined the operating system on my Windows 2000 desktop and notebook,
    || requiring a complete reinstall of each.
    || I would appreciate your suggestions.
    || Do send responses to my messages. DO NOT SEND JUNK E-MAIL:
    || "By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer
    || meets
    || the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it
    || is unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to s

    I've been using BootIT NG with WinXP SP1 Home and it's smooth sailing.
    It has a lot of features and you can use it free if you don't install it
    to your HDD. If you do install it, it needs a FAT32 partition (it offers
    to create a "dedicated" partition, if you so desire. If you keep it,
    they want $35. It's worth it.

    LittleMac, Jun 26, 2003

  3. Hi Carl,

    If you download the v7 patch, it work great with XP. I just got a new drive a couple of months ago, and I used it to repartition
    my WinXPhe drive.

    Ciao . . .
    C.Joseph

    ++ Let know man judge me until . . .
    he has walked the road I have . . .
    in the shoes I've worn. ++

    http://kalek1.home.mindspring.com

    C.Joseph Drayton, Jun 26, 2003
  4. Partition Magic is the best software to use. I'd use the latest
    version, but version 7 should have worked fine with Windows 2000. In
    truth, PM runs under MSDOS (actually DRDOS), not Windows, and only cares
    about the partition format (NTFS or FAT).

    There is a conflict between Partition Magic and Norton Speedisk.
    Running Speedisk on a partition created or modified with PM will produce
    a non-bootable system. The problem can be fixed if you know how, but
    most people are screwed.

    Barry Watzman, Jun 26, 2003
  5. Carl Agren

    Paul Noga Guest

    | Partition Magic is the best software to use. I'd use the latest
    | version, but version 7 should have worked fine with Windows 2000. In
    | truth, PM runs under MSDOS (actually DRDOS), not Windows, and only cares
    | about the partition format (NTFS or FAT).
    |
    | There is a conflict between Partition Magic and Norton Speedisk.
    | Running Speedisk on a partition created or modified with PM will produce
    | a non-bootable system. The problem can be fixed if you know how, but
    | most people are screwed.
    |

    | Carl Agren wrote:
    | > I am looking for recommendations for partition software for my new XP
    notebook.
    | > I own Partition Magic 7.0 but won't use it, as it ruined the operating
    system
    | > on my Windows 2000 desktop and notebook, requiring a complete reinstall
    of
    | > each.
    | >
    | > I would appreciate your suggestions.
    | > Do send responses to my messages. DO NOT SEND JUNK E-MAIL:
    | > "By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meets
    | > the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it is
    | > unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to s

    WRT to the PM/SD conflict. Says who?? I've got three machines at home loaded
    with both and they've been running faultlessly for almost a year now.

    Paul

    Paul Noga, Jun 26, 2003
  6. LittleMac () wrote:
    : I've been using BootIT NG with WinXP SP1 Home and it's smooth sailing.
    : It has a lot of features and you can use it free if you don't install it
    : to your HDD. If you do install it, it needs a FAT32 partition (it offers
    : to create a "dedicated" partition, if you so desire. If you keep it,
    : they want $35. It's worth it.

    Sounds interesting. Can you give us a link?

    Richard Carter, Jun 27, 2003
  7. Barry Watzman () wrote:
    : There is a conflict between Partition Magic and Norton Speedisk.
    : Running Speedisk on a partition created or modified with PM will produce
    : a non-bootable system. The problem can be fixed if you know how, but
    : most people are screwed.

    Do you know whether this conflict is just with certain
    versions of each software, or certain combinations?

    Which software do you think is the "culprit" creating
    the problem?

    Would you be willing to share your solution?

    Richard Carter, Jun 27, 2003
  8. Carl Agren

    Rick James Guest

    I will second this. I have had no problems with PM 7.01 on my XP pro
    system.

    Rick James, Jun 27, 2003
  9. Carl Agren

    ©¿©¬ Guest

    This all sounds very intresting. but whats wrong with FDISK???

    Moving and resizing partitions is always dodgy, do it whilst they're
    empty...

    --

    Steve Morrish...

    ©¿©¬
    ~

    http://www.31337.pl/

    I found it hard, it was hard to find, oh well, whatever, nevermind...

    ©¿©¬, Jun 27, 2003
  10. I am looking for recommendations for partition software for my new XP
    notebook.
    Are you partitioning in order to run multiple operating systems?

    VMware or Connectix Virtual PC can be a much better way to do this. You can
    run any of your OSes at once instead of having to reboot.

    http://www.vmware.com/

    http://www.connectix.com/

    -Mike

    Michael Geary, Jun 27, 2003
  11. Carl Agren

    Carl Agren Guest

    Thanks to everyone for responding. I tried the one writer's suggestion and
    downloaded the patch for Partition Magic 7. That worked great!. It was quick
    and I had no problems setting up the new partition.

    Thanks to everyone!

    Carl Agren

    Carl Agren, Jun 27, 2003