    done that' advice, I would appreciate it. I don't want to do much
    hacking on the back to fit a mobo in. It doesn't have to be a Shuttle
    mobo. Thanks.

    Fox Mulder, Jul 4, 2004

  2. Fox Mulder

    Skier Guest

    Hi,

    First, your options are limited. Replacement FV24 or FV25 (newer that
    accept the Tualatin CPUs) are expensive and hard to find. They also had
    troubles with the capacitors on many of them. I have seen many posts where
    the boards have fried. The power supply is only 150 watts and may not hold
    up with a newer board and faster processor. I haven't seen a larger power
    supply for that case. You can find some of the "newer" XPCs for about the
    same as you would find a FV24/25 motherboard. To salvage it, you could get
    a much slower VIA mini board, but they are sssllllooooowwww. I recommend
    you look for a newer XPC. I have seen a number for less than $200 that
    accept either P4 or Athlon. You could sell your SV24 on ebay for salvage
    (case floppy etc.).

    Tom

    Skier, Jul 6, 2004