    For under $40, or list of cards I should be looking for, until I can
    afford a proper FX ot ATI equivalent (without draining my funds too
    much for that anticipation)

    Gary Tait, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Gary Tait

    Dark Avenger Guest

    Under $40...

    The GF4 MX maybe, the GF4 MX 440 still is easily available, don't
    expect wonders, but does a nice job!

    Dark Avenger, Jan 31, 2004

  3. Gary Tait

    DaveL Guest

    I beg to differ. The GF4 MX440 is hard to get a good one. They make so
    many versions. Most only have a 64 bit memory bus and are junk. They are
    clocked all over the place. They are like a box of chocolates. You never
    know what you're gonna get!

    GF3 cards can be had for under $40 on ebay. Not only are they faster than
    the MX440, they support DX8 features. Also they are made to exacting
    specifications (only three versions), clockings and they all have 128 bit
    DDR memory.

    Dave

    DaveL, Jan 31, 2004
  4. Gary Tait

    Dark Avenger Guest

    Mmm, if that is true an GF3 .. ti 200.. maybe even an ti 500 will
    indeed ben an option. Never knew there was such much idiocy around
    the MX440. It's a card that only is put in cheap ass pc's anyway or in
    pc's of those who don't know what they buy!

    Dark Avenger, Feb 1, 2004
  5. Gary Tait

    Darthy Guest

    Keep whatever you have.

    What DO you expect to get for $40?

    Darthy, Feb 3, 2004
  6. Gary Tait

    Gary Tait Guest

    I have a really old card that is no good for much more than 2D.
    Something that will give me decent 3D for some legacy games until
    either I can afford, or the price comes down on the better cards now.

    Gary Tait, Feb 3, 2004
  7. Gary Tait

    Sith Lord Guest

    Dabsvalue FX5200 is £40 inc. VAT.

    Sith Lord, Feb 4, 2004
  8. Gary Tait

    Darthy Guest

    Youre trying to get a lot out of $40...

    Look for a used GF3 card for about $30 would be your best bet... or a
    GF4-MX card for about $20.

    Darthy, Feb 6, 2004