  1. I'm looking for the best video card for under $100. If there's a
    compromise between speed and quality, I'd lean more toward the speed.

    Thanks

    Kevin Davis³, Jun 10, 2004

  2. Kevin Davis³

    johns Guest

    ATI Radeon 9200 Pro 128. I have loaded in Far Cry
    .... 2 medium settings, 1 high .... sand and surf with
    clear water ... birds and fish ... good frame rate ...
    good dynamic lighting effects inside bldgs. Tested
    about 6700 with 3DMark2001 on a P4 / 800 1gig
    ram. Card generally runs around $85.

    johns

    johns, Jun 11, 2004

  3. Kevin Davis³

    Pat Guest

    I just picked up a Saphire Radeon 9600 128mb from Newegg.com for
    $96.00 (free shipping, no sales tax). It's a pretty decent card for
    under $100. I think you'd have a hard time finding a better new card
    for under $100. The cards I see most available for that price are the
    inferior Radeon 9200 and 9600se cards, and the GeForce FX5200 series.
    Of course, if you don't mind buying pre-owned, you might be able to
    pick up a 9700 or 9800 on ebay for around the same price.

    Pat, Jun 11, 2004