    W Guest

    The traffic in this group is way down from its previous levels. Is there a
    better place to use for nVidia forum support these days?

    W, Jan 14, 2014

  2. W

    Paul Guest

    https://forums.geforce.com/ ???

    Paul

    Paul, Jan 14, 2014

  3. W

    Ant Guest

    http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/ as well. Newsgroups aren't hot as they
    used to be. :(
    --
    "If someone makes you angry, I think the thing to do is tie them down to
    the ground, cover them in honey, and then release a swarm of killer ants
    on them. That way, you can hit them over and over again and say, 'Hey!
    I'm just trying to help!' and they can't really get mad at you." --R.M.
    Weiner
    | |o o| |

    Ant, Jan 14, 2014
  4. W

    charliec Guest

    Paul,
    When I go to the above site, I get the following warning that

    "The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet
    valid"

    What is the cause of this and is it safe to proceed?

    charliec

    charliec, Jan 14, 2014
  5. W

    Paul Guest

    Works in Firefox, Seamonkey, and IE11. No problems.
    These are recent versions, loaded on Windows 8.1.

    Your browser might be the problem, somehow.

    Paul

    Paul, Jan 14, 2014
  6. W

    charliec Guest

    I'm on Win7, 64bit - and IEv10 - I don't get this with other sites, just this
    one?

    charliec

    charliec, Jan 14, 2014
  7. W

    Paul Guest

    The browser has a lock icon (somewhere). On one browser, it was to
    the left of the URL entry line. On a second browser, it was in the
    lower right hand corner of the browser window.

    Accessing the lock icon, gives a "view certificate" thing. It shows
    the certificate my browser apparently accepted to make the SSL session.

    Here, shows the certificate that NVidia is using for their forum SSL
    connection.

    http://i43.tinypic.com/fp5t8l.gif

    As I don't know what certificates are, how you can force the browser
    to eat them and so on, I can't help more than that.

    Paul

    Paul, Jan 14, 2014
  8. W

    Le Forgeron Guest

    Le 15/01/2014 00:22, Paul nous fit lire :
    The certificate is ok, but some browser might not trust the signer.
    The chains are Nvidia--RapidSSl--GeoTrust and
    Nvidia--RapidSSL--GeoTrust--Equifax

    Nevertheless, they use RC4 on TLS, and it's broken.
    (and they honor client-initiated renegotiation, which is nice for
    browsers but open the server to DoS attack)

    I used the extension CipherFox on firefox to retrieve a synthetic view
    of the chain. The certificate got a global A rating.

    Le Forgeron, Jan 15, 2014
  9. W

    Paul Guest

    The dates I saw listed on the certificate seemed to be OK.
    So I don't know why your error message is suggesting rejection
    based on date.

    Paul

    Paul, Jan 15, 2014
  10. W

    Ant Guest

    Is your computer's date correct? Can you try another web browser?
    --
    "This isn't a war. It never was a war, any more than there's war between
    man and ants." --artilleryman from H.G. Wells' The War of the Worlds

    Ant, Jan 16, 2014
  11. W

    DevilsPGD Guest

    Are you behind on your Windows Updates? Specifically, root certificate
    updates?

    DevilsPGD, Jan 16, 2014
  12. W

    charliec Guest

    Computer date is correct - I have no other browser!

    charliec, Jan 16, 2014
  13. W

    charliec Guest

    Yes, I am completely update with the Windows Updates - I always install them
    when presented.

    charliec, Jan 16, 2014
  14. For some really dumb reason, Microsoft considers rootcert updates to
    be optional. Run Windows Update, and check install all of the optional
    updates (except the bing desktop search, which I always right click on,
    and select hide update).

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

    David W. Hodgins, Jan 16, 2014
  15. W

    Ant Guest

    Yeah, I never understood that.
    --
    "..., you ready for a little dumpster diving?" "Um... okay." "You know I
    don't mind getting my hands dirty." "I mean, maggots, wet trash, I am

    Ant, Jan 18, 2014
  16. W

    Ant Guest

    Install another one! Try Firefox or Chrome.

    Ant, Jan 18, 2014
  17. W

    Paul Guest

    If you're not running multiple browsers,
    you're not one of the "cool kids" :)

    Internet Explorer (almost never, it runs my router interface)
    Firefox (main browser)
    Seamonkey (it's the browser that has the Flash plugin enabled
    it is disabled in the other browsers)
    Opera (rarely)

    Chrome? (not with a barge pole)

    Paul