    Want to get a better heatsink/fan that does not cost a lot.
    (Do not want to spend $65 for the Zalmen 9500)
    I really do not care about fan noise.

    Tod, Jun 5, 2006

  2. Tod

    Phil Weldon Guest

    'Tod' wrote:
    | I'm currently using an Intel D 805 (Socket 775) overclocked to 3.34GHz
    | and using the stock Intel heatsink/fan. CPU gets a little hot during
    games.
    | Want to get a better heatsink/fan that does not cost a lot.
    | (Do not want to spend $65 for the Zalmen 9500)
    | I really do not care about fan noise.
    _____

    Better cooling for your CPU may not be needed or help in overclocking
    further.

    Why don't you post the temperatures you get for
    CPU idle
    CPU under heavy workload
    room temperature
    motherboard temperature
    temperature of air inside system case.
    Also the CPU core voltage is a factor in CPU temperature, so why don't you
    post that also?

    And if noise isn't a factor, try a box fan blowing into the system case
    (side removed.)

    Phil Weldon

    Phil Weldon, Jun 5, 2006

  3. Tod

    Tod Guest

    CPU at idle is 45-52c
    under load 65c
    room gets warmer every day (summer coming on)
    MB temp 35c
    voltage is set at 1.375
    Would like to keep cover off, but have 2 two year old nephews in the house.
    And they already keep trying for the power button.

    Tod, Jun 5, 2006
  4. I've seen some Scythe heatpipes about the size of Saltine boxes.
    Maybe you might want to try that with a couple of 120mm fans.

    You might get your CPU temp down to 45c under load. And extra
    100Mhz speed too.

    :)

    Don W. McCollough, Jun 23, 2006