Better performance with W7 over XP SP3 with my old ATI Radeon 4870 video card?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Ant, May 29, 2013.

  1. Ant

    Ant Guest

    Hello.

    http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=3789701&cid=43844741

    Is it true that I will get better performance, especially with computer
    games, with my old ATI Radeon 4870 video card (512 MB) on my quad core
    i7 950 system?

    Thank you in advance. :)
    --
    Quote of the Week: "An ant is a wise creature for itself, but it is a
    shrewd thing in an orchard or garden." --Francis Bacon

    Ant, May 29, 2013

  2. Ant

    Ed Light Guest

    Ed Light, May 30, 2013

  3. Ant

    Ant Guest

    Re: Better performance with W7 over XP SP3 with my old ATI Radeon4870 video card?

    On 5/29/2013 7:33 PM PT, Ed Light typed:

    > I used to play Trainz, and on Win 7 (32 bit) it was smooth but on XP it
    > wasn't.

    Which one? http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/trainz-games -- Was yours
    very old?
    --
    "I used to command a battalion of German ants." --Tom
    | |o o| |

    Ant, Jun 1, 2013
  4. Ant

    Ed Light Guest

    Re: Better performance with W7 over XP SP3 with my old ATI Radeon4870 video card?

    2010 or 2012 version.

    --
    Ed Light

    Better World News TV Channel:
    http://realnews.com

    Iraq Veterans Against the War and Related:
    http://ivaw.org
    http://couragetoresist.org
    http://antiwar.com

    Send spam to the FTC at