    Nothing against my Area51-m, I still love it, but just thought
    everyone should be aware that if you are looking at one because of the
    upgradable video unit, beware.

    sqlboy2000, Jul 13, 2004

  2. sqlboy2000

    marlin Guest

    PCI-Express won't be the main mode for years to come.
    Richard

    marlin, Jul 14, 2004

  3. sqlboy2000

    sqlboy2000 Guest

    They will support desktop AGP for a while, but that is not the case
    with mobile cards.

    sqlboy2000, Jul 14, 2004
  4. sqlboy2000

    marlin Guest

    Oh, do you have to buy the cards from them? AFAIK there is only one mobile
    PCI Express card, and no laptop motherboards to support it.
    Richard

    marlin, Jul 14, 2004
  5. sqlboy2000

    sqlboy2000 Guest

    Yes, they are propriatery units you have to purchase from Alienware. I
    should have mentioned that.

    sqlboy2000, Jul 15, 2004