BG7 - One long beep now...

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Greg, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. Greg

    Greg Guest

    I have had this system up and running stably for almost a year now,
    but it began acting up this weekend.

    At first I began getting BSODs under WinXP Pro complaining about
    "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT" error. It got progressively worse where XP
    wouldn't even completely boot. A google search revealed it was either
    my Radeon video card or bad memory leading to the trouble.

    I suspected the memory since the ATI card had been working fine for 11
    months. I downloaded a memory test utility from MS that runs from
    DOS. After booting from the disk, it ran the memory test and appeared
    to be getting some errors (expected was 0x00000000 and actual was
    0x000000ff or something). Finally the program hung. After pressing
    reset, the computer would not even POST and only get me one long
    BEEEEEEEEEEEP every few seconds.

    The BG7 manual is missing the beep codes. Anyone know what that code
    means? Is my memory toast or is it my CPU?

    Thanks in advance.

    -Greg

    Greg, Aug 26, 2003

  2. Greg

    Greg Guest

    It appears to be due to memory problems. I swapped out my old memory for
    some new memory and it POSTed and is working now.

    -Greg

    Greg, Aug 27, 2003