    Has anyone met problems running or installing Win98 se on such
    a system ?

    Thanks for any information

    Bolooser11, Feb 8, 2005

  2. What sort of P4 2.4 is this? 400, 533 or 800MHz FSB? Northwood or Prescott?
    There's no reason to think you would run into Win98 compatibility problems
    with this setup, but by the same token it sounds like a bit of an odd
    hardware combination. Do you already have all these bits or are you buying
    some of them in preparation for the build?
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Richard Hopkins, Feb 8, 2005

  3. Bolooser11

    Bolooser11 Guest

    Richard Hopkins a écrit :
    Good day,
    It's a new "P4 2.4BA ghz FSB 533 512 ko cache boxed
    with cooling" (as per the ad). Bought it eventhough I never read
    anything about "2.4BA" and waiting for it.

    I bought the BH7 on Ebay as I wanted one as it looked liked
    a nice mobo.

    The ram I plan on buying to fit the mobo (should I get something else,
    2700 ?)

    The other parts TI, PSU, Win TV I already have on my machine now.
    I also have a new 40 gig 7200 rpm Maxtor to go in it (plus a second
    identical with my data on it).

    Bolooser11, Feb 8, 2005
  4. There's no such thing as a "2.4BA". There's a 2.4, a 2.4B and a 2.4A, but no
    "2.4BA". I'd be reluctant on principle to buy a processor from a vendor that
    doesn't know what they're selling.
    That doesn't seem like the most forward thinking move, but nevertheless.
    They were nice at one point, but since the 800FSB dual channel Pentium 4
    chipset motherboards were released, I'm afraid that, in performance terms,
    the BH7 is now somewhat below par. The single channel memory really
    bottlenecks the Pentium 4's performance.
    If you continue with this hardware setup, you'd be better off with a single
    512MB stick than a pair of 256's. You could get PC2700 if you're looking at
    minimising costs, but if you want a bit of overclockability, PC3200 is
    probably the best option.

    Richard Hopkins, Feb 8, 2005
  5. Bolooser11

    Bolooser11 Guest

    Richard Hopkins a écrit :
    Good evening and thank you for taking the time to reply
    to my post.
    Actually I am upgrading from a P2B with a 1.3 Tualatin on it
    and I chose a BH7 because I wanted to keep my video card which
    does real well what I ask it (games like Harry Potter for my child,
    internet and common usage).
    Stability with a performance boost is what I look for.
    I'll go for one stick of 512 as you said.

    Bolooser11, Feb 9, 2005