    I am looking for an application to compare two binary files. Would be
    nice if the application included a hex editor.

    Robert

    historystamp, Jul 13, 2007

  2. historystamp

    Joseph Crowe Guest

    Do you just want to determine if the contents or the same or
    are you interested in the contents as well? If the former, you
    can run a checksum on the files.....of course after determining
    if they are the same length. From the command line, do a man
    on sum and also on od.......this is old UNIX stuff....it should
    still work though.

    Joseph Crowe, Jul 13, 2007

  3. There are a few products that take a stab at showing differences between
    "binary" files (i.e., files that are not strictly character data as
    defined by the host operating system). The word you are looking for is
    "diff" or "difference". Might not be any for OS X, however.

    You might do better in one of the Mac development newsgroups.

    Clever Monkey, Jul 13, 2007