Bios Boot sequence not remembered (EIDE always before SATA)

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Ji!!i, Mar 10, 2005.

  1. Ji!!i

    Ji!!i Guest

    I've just installed a mobo P4P800S. Boot drive is SATA, Windows XP Home
    Edition.
    I have removable EIDE disks (plugged in as removable drawers).

    Any time I add, replace or take out a removable EIDE disk (of course PC
    powered off) and I then re-boot, I must also reconfigure the Bios so that it
    picks the SATA disk up as primary boot source.

    Say it is a different way: apparently the Bios is programmed in order to
    recalculate the boot priority at every change of config, always putting EIDE
    at the top of the list. Therefore it stops not finding bootable disks in any
    EIDE path.

    Strongly annoying!

    Any hint?

    Cheers,