Bios fix for the 9700 Pro AIW Power up problem

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Dominic Chin, Mar 5, 2004.

  1. Dominic Chin

    Dominic Chin Guest

    Hey guys, just thought i would share in the good fortune. I RMA'ed my 9700
    AIW 3 times and finally got one that works.

    The problem:

    After installing my card and the power connector, the power would turn on
    for a split second and turn right off. The PSU protection would kick in and
    the only way to get it running would be to hot plug the card. What i mean is
    that i would have to power on the system and a second later plug the power
    cable in for the video card.

    The fix:

    After calling ATI when my 2nd RMA card got here they told me there was a
    bios update that would fix this problem. I got my card today and was very
    pleased to see that it worked.

    The old bios number is 113-95701-101
    The new bios number is 113-9570-1-1

    This is shown by the ATI tool you download from their site

    If you want to try this bios then shoot me a email, i copied it and would be
    happy to send it to anyone...

    Its 803K, if you want it send me a email to the address above and the info
    above in the subject line. On the disc the bios is named Original.bin

    *NOTE*

    I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILTY IF THIS MESSES YOU UP, FLASH AT YOUR OWN
    RISK. IM NOT A EMPLOYEE OF ATI (thank god) NOR DO THEY SEND THIS TO ANYONE.
    AGAIN FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.

    *EDIT* - Or I can just send you the Bin file which is 52K, you choice.
    Please state which you need in your email.

    Dominic Chin, Mar 5, 2004

  2. Dominic Chin

    Dominic Chin Guest

    Mr. Taylor...email sent....be sure to post and tell me how it came out.

    First person to send me a email about it, hopefully not the last.

    Dominic

    Dominic Chin, Mar 5, 2004