    What BIOSrevision do I need to feed my Abit "AB-AH6"board with to make it
    accept a 120G disk?

    TIA /Ola J

    Ola A Johansson, Aug 19, 2003

  2. And while I'm at it:
    Where do I get it?

    TIA /Ola J

    Ola A Johansson, Aug 19, 2003

  3. Ola A Johansson

    0_Qed Guest

    :)

    Google IS your friend.

    Qed.

    0_Qed, Aug 20, 2003
  4. Ola A Johansson

    0_Qed Guest

    From 'reading', the Ah6 seems an older mobo ...
    chip-set/small bios/et al ...

    I strongly suspect ... no real knowledge w/your mobo or bios...
    that you're out of luck wrt a bios to handle your new HD ...

    Do an " end around " ... avoid the problem ...
    I mite suggest you obtain a PCI addin IDE cntrlr card that'll
    handle your new large HD ...
    "Promise" makes such a card ... $25USD +|- ... has it's own bios
    extensions to handle 'such' ...

    I'd avoid using a drive overlay ... can be a problem under W98
    & most certainly under NT & it's derivatives .

    My KG&-R mobo is about ready to go 'dino' on Abit's URL ...
    if it hasnt already ...
    Every once in a while I update my 'store' of newer bios & driver files
    for all my hdwr ... JIC ... whether/not I use `em "now" .

    best of luck ,
    Qed.

    0_Qed, Aug 22, 2003