Bios Help needed on a K7S5A

Discussion in 'ECS' started by DataCom, Oct 5, 2006.

  1. DataCom

    DataCom

    I upgraded a OC system using an K7S5A to a Asus P5P800SE with a D 805.
    I had an extra case laying around and decided to put the K7S5A back to a working state. I did some quick research the othernight and have noticed that there are now 3rd party OC flashes for Ocing. I believe the board is a V.1. The bios date in the Bios is 1/12/2002 S.
    The number at the bottom of the boot screen is:
    62-0112-001011110940201-SiS735-K7S5A. The bios numbers when in the Bios are AMI BIOS Simple Setup Utility Version 1.21.06.
    It's been years since I oced this board so I don't remember what version I flashed it to.
    I assume the current version of the bios is located in these numbers.
    62-0112-001011110940201-SiS735-K7S5A
    I want to save the current bios before flashing it to a newer version in case the newer bios don't work as expected. Do I need to use the flash utility that was used before which I assume is the 1.21.06 version to save the current Bios and restore it if needed? Or can I use the newer version which is aminf342?

    I want to add more FSB / MEM selections to OC the chip a bit more. Currently it is only showing 100/100, 100/133, 133/100, 133/133. I have seen there are bios's out that have fsb selection in between what I currently have.

    http://p199.ezboard.com/fk7s5amotherboardforumfrm5.showMessage?topicID=120 0.topic

    It's currently only running a Duron Spitfire but if I can upgrade the Bios I am going to consider upgrading the CPU.

    I would appreciate your comments and help on what version bios it is running and which is the best OC Bios to go to and the AMI issue.

    DataCom

    DataCom, Oct 5, 2006