    I meant to order a 32 bit one...Should that affect boot up /detection ???

    DEnis
    ..

    DenisM, Jun 17, 2007

  2. DenisM

    Cari Guest

    64 bit Vista and XP both should boot from the CD or DVD drive. Providing of
    course, your CD/DVD drive is set to be looked for before the hard drive(s)
    in the BIOS. The motherboard should have no limitations for hard drive
    size, not with that chipset, it's current.

    Cari, Jun 17, 2007

  3. DenisM

    Denis Guest

    Silly! The BIOS didn't detect the drive but the Jmicron did of course.
    (Normal behaviour :) ). I should have come back on that a little sooner...
    Worked fine with Vista and XP dual booting , but I've since rmoved Visa and
    gone back to XP..... until I decide on a safe dual boot scenario.

    Oh and booting from the DVD ? You have to select the detected DVD drive in
    the BIOS ,rather than just selecting CDROM (which refers to the SATA
    connectors apparently....) one continues to wonder.....do MSI think we are
    mind readers ...Great boards though..

    D.

    Denis, Jul 4, 2007