BIOS not fully ACPI compliant (M2N32-SLI Premium Vista Ed.)

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Zephaus, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Zephaus

Zephaus

My system:

1. ASUS M2N32-SLI Premium Vista Edition Socket AM2 Motherboard
    2. AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.60GHz / 2MB Cache / 1000MHz FSB / Dual Core (Windsor) / Socket AM2 / Processor with Fan
    3. 4x1GB Crucial Ballistix Dual Channel 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz EPP Memory
    4. Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.9 SATA-300 Hard Drive
    5. XFX GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB GDDR3 PCIX16
    6. Windows Vista Premium Home Edition
    7. Thermaltake 750w PS

I also have a Sony CD-RW and Pioneer DVD-RW, the DVD used to be slaved to the CD; however, in order to get Vista to boot from the DVD drive, I had to reverse this, so now the CD is slaved to the DVD. I point this out as removing the CD may be the next thing I try.

Last night, I fired up this build, and could not get Vista to boot because of the situation I just described regarding the DVD/CD slave issue, so I put XP in the CD-RW just to make sure that was the issue. XP loaded fine to the Partition screen. I know people have had this ACPI error with XP, but I'm not sure when they get the BSOD - but if it happens when XP is running all its pre-partition checks, I know that when the CD-RW was the master device, XP had no problems to that point.

When I set it up with the DVD-RW as master, and put in Vista, I get the following message:

I have tried a number of solutions I have found on various message boards including:

1. Updating to the most recent bios - v.0202.
    2. Restoring Bios Defaults.
    3. Turning off legacy USB support.
    4. Changing the ACPI settings to S1 only (default is S1&S3)
    5. Confirmed that Parallel Port was enabled (default)
    6. Swapped Boot Order for Floppy vs. DVD-RW

I have not tried hitting F7 because I had read that this was only for XP, not Vista.
    The option to disable APM appears to be greyed out.

Any ideas?

Zephaus, Mar 14, 2007
Ask a Question