BIOS on Latitude CPt C/CPi R (Rev. A14)

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Igor Sobrado, Oct 17, 2003.

  1. Igor Sobrado

    Igor Sobrado Guest

    Hello.

    I have observed the next issues on my Dell Latitude CPi R400GT after
    upgrading it to the latest BIOS release (A14):

    1. There is a problem recovering current Font mode (normal, or expanded)
    when returning from BIOS setup: the current font mode should be
    restored, but it changes to expanded. It worked fine in previous
    BIOS releases (at least with rev. A08).

    2. Key code 3Ah is added to keyboard buffer when returning from BIOS
    setup: I have observed this problem with NetBSD 1.6.1, it probably
    happens with other operating systems too. I am not running Windows.

    Enhancements:

    1. When an Admin password is locking the BIOS setup, creating an access
    password should not be possible: this way, the owner of a Dell's
    laptop is able to protect it against unauthorized modifications
    (not only in BIOS configuration, and owner ID string, but also
    unauthorized creation of boot passwords by other users.)

    Any feedback on those issues will be greatly appreciated.

    Cheers,
    Igor.

    Igor Sobrado, Oct 17, 2003