bios Promise Fasttrak ultra 100 PCD20265

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Tempel, Dec 1, 2007.

  1. Tempel

    Tempel Guest

    I have an ASUS mother board model A7V133 (rev 1009 bios installed) with
    additional on board controller Fasttrak IDE/RAID Promise ultra 100
    PDC20265 supported

    with original bios (2001 year).
    I have necessity to use hard disk EIDE larger than 137 GB (48 bit LBA)
    connected at this controller but the actual installed bios non tupport
    them Placing

    the limit to 128 GB.
    I have serched the right bios but any link is expired or not usable;
    this is an example:

    ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/TREIBER/CONTROLLER/IDE/PROMISE/PDC20265/U1xx_v200_b39.zip

    I have serched also for:

    U1xx_v200_b39 and for U1xx_v200_b39.zip

    but the result is the same, negative :-(((( so I not have the
    possibility to have the necessary bios/driver.
    Is there anyone can help me sending the correct bios or specify an
    active link where I can really download the right bios/driver?

    Many thanks for the help.

    Tempel, Dec 1, 2007

  2. Tempel

    Eric P. Guest

    At webpage http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us
    I just saw A7V133 Beta BIOS 1010.01B Support 48 Bit HDD
    Mentioned is O/S DOS but I use the same Bios version already since early
    2003 on the A7V133 (with the onboard Promise RAID1) with Windows 98SE.
    On the same page you can select a TAB for the driver Promise Controller
    UltraATA Driver REV:2.00.0.29 Support 48bit LBA HDD
    That's the highest version I ever saw for ATA.

    Eric P., Dec 1, 2007

  3. Tempel

    Tempel Guest

    Eric P. ha scritto:
    I just downloaded files that you have indicated. Tomorrow (Italy hours
    are 23) will try to update motherboard bios and IDE/RAID drivers; I hope
    that everything goes well. Truly thousand thanks.

    Tempel, Dec 1, 2007
  4. Tempel

    Eric P. Guest

    When starting the computer the A7V133 bios which contains the seperate
    promise bios reports "Asus A7V-133 ACPI Bios Revision 1010 Beta 001B
    02/11/2003.
    When the Promise Bios is initialized it reports Fastrak 100(tm)
    "Lite"Bios 1.31 (Build24) Promise Technologie
    When inspecting the version of the Promise Controller driver in Windows
    98SE or XP system you could see Promise Tech 2.00.1000.34
    Success, Eric

    Eric P., Dec 2, 2007
  5. Tempel

    Tempel Guest

    Eric P. ha scritto:
    IT'S ALL OK!!!!! :))))))))))))
    I have updated bios and driver and tested with a 200GB HDD connected at
    che Promise onboard controller and... I have read ALL DATA!
    Many many many thanks!!!!!

    Tempel, Dec 2, 2007
  6. Tempel

    Eric P. Guest

    Nice to hear the good news.
    February 2001 I bought two asus A7V133 boards and used them with RAID1
    from the start in homebuild computers.
    One of them died october 2003 and I replaced it with a similar MSI board.
    The other A7V133 board is running happily as reserve computer.

    Eric P., Dec 2, 2007
  7. Tempel

    Tempel Guest

    Eric P. ha scritto:
    :-(((((((((( for died A7V
    :)))))))))) for other A7V!
    My A7V133 works since may 2001, I hope not stop right now!
    ;-)))

    Tempel, Dec 4, 2007