    "You don't want to sell me death sticks. You want to go home and rethink
    your life."

    -Obi Wan Kenobi

    Anti-Rock Rakers, Jul 23, 2003

  2. Anti-Rock Rakers

    TomG Guest

    well, I don't even bother backing up the old bios file but rather, I boot
    the system with the original bios selected since there is no bios in a new
    bios savior. then, once booted into a DOS boot with no memory managers or
    other apps running, I flip the switch and use a regular flash file and
    awdflash and flash the bios savior. I have only had an issue one time and
    then I had to add the /f switch to the flash switches used with awdflash to
    force the flash. you can then leave the switch in the bios savior position
    and reboot and you should be able to boot just fine which tests the savior
    and the flash to the savior.

    you will possibly have to go in and reset the bios parameters but that
    should be all. you can then choose which position to leave the switch and
    go forth with safety.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified