bios version vs revision

Discussion in 'AOpen' started by Philippe Léveillé, Jun 7, 2005.

  1. Hello,

    I have a problem with an installation of Windows XP on a Aopen motherboard,
    model AX6BC,
    The current bios settings are the following:
    R2.36
    Version: 202L4804
    05/17/1999-i440BX-00000006C-00

    My XP CD did boot up when I tried it on another computer.
    I come up with this error:
    "Cannot boot from CDROM: Code 5"

    I thought that flashing the bios was a good idea...
    I know this is tricky business so I just wanted to ask about THIS before:

    Do I need to download the .bin file from AOpen web site bearing the SAME
    revision number or I can download the most recent one (which in this case is
    R2.59)
    The whole page on their web site is not very clear about that...

    Thank you
    Philippe Léveillé, Canada

    Philippe Léveillé, Jun 7, 2005

  2. Problem solved...

    I finally installed the most recent version of the BIOS and it worked.
    Maybe AOpen web site should be a little more explicit about what version...
    or revision to download

    Philippe Léveillé, Jun 7, 2005