    http://www.biostar.com.tw/products/mainboard/board.php3?name=M6VLR

    Thanks,

    MC

    Moderately Confused, Apr 12, 2004

  2. Moderately Confused

    Jim Guest

    If the mobo voltages are alterable, it will be via jumpers and/or the BIOS.
    A quick glance of the manual shows neither option.

    The only hope is a "voltage mod", which is sometimes done by the enthusiasts
    crowd. Of course, this involves physically altering the mobo w/ resistors,
    soldering, etc.! Not for the faint hearted. And mostly reserved for
    popular, high-end mobo's anyway (iow, such a mod probably doesn't exist for
    your mobo).

    Short of these options, I don't know any other.

    HTH

    Jim

    Jim, Apr 13, 2004

  3. The safest way is by jumpering the VID pins on the processor itself.

    The method I use it to strip a single wire from a ribbon cable and use a
    safety pin to punch holes though it, making sure it goes through the center
    of the wire bundle (not a trivial exercise). You then push the wire onto
    the desired pins.

    It's non destructive, if you don't slip and bend a pin, and
    removable/modifiable.

    You can only tie a pin to ground that way (would have to break or insulate
    a pin to get a high), so not all voltage choices are available but there's
    usually one close enough.

    David Maynard, Apr 13, 2004
  4. Thanks all, I guess I'll have to settle for what I've got for now.

    MC

    Moderately Confused, Apr 13, 2004