Biostar M7NCD Pro, no IDE

Discussion in 'Biostar' started by The Psycho, Oct 23, 2003.

  1. The Psycho

    The Psycho Guest

    Here's the deal:

    Installed a new Biostar M7NCD Pro and the upgrade wend pretty
    flawlessly. All the devices were identified (after installing the
    drivers from the CD).

    I have no IDE devices recognized in the Device Manager. My system has
    an IDE CD-RW, and all SCSI hard drives.

    On the driver properties for the "Nvidia Nforce IDE controller", it
    says that no drivers are required or have been loaded for this device,
    and there are no primary or secondary channels listed.

    My OS is Win Me, and has been installed for many years. Lots of
    changes to software and such, but never upgraded MoBo until now (from
    Asus P3V4X with P3-667).

    *FWIW, I dual boot to XP pro, and it has no problems at all. Burning
    at 48X is not even an issue.

    Any advice I can get as to where I can get Me specific IDE drivers
    would be good (nVidia has XP IDE drivers, and claims the IDE drivers
    are in the unified driver pack for 98SEME)

    Thanks.

    The Psycho, Oct 23, 2003

  2. Any advice I can get as to where I can get Me specific IDE drivers
    My best advice would be to ditch Windows ME. Do you honestly need it?

    --Bill

    Bill Woessner, Oct 29, 2003