    ive got a athlonxp3200? its a 400 fsb board without the 400 fsb option?? i
    dont get it lol

    Dalgibbard.

    Dalgibbard, Sep 29, 2004

  2. Dalgibbard

    Wes Newell Guest

    Because the FSB is supposed to be 200MHz, not 400MHz. See The Real Front
    Side Bus in link below.

    Wes Newell, Sep 29, 2004

  3. I have a BioStar M7NCD and I am running it with AMD 3200+ XP,
    ATI Radeon 9250 SE and PC3200 DDR 512MB for two weeks now.
    So far no problems.

    I also tried to overclock it using the utility

    http://www.cpuid.com/clockgen.php

    It seemed to work for a while @210 and then crashed. I will
    run more expts soon

    -KB

    Krutibas Biswal, Sep 30, 2004
  4. Dalgibbard

    Dalgibbard Guest

    Yea ive tweaked it about a bit- but the basic level M7NCD (not the pro or
    ultra versions) don't allow voltage changes- so stability was an issue for
    me too- i managed to get it from 2200mhz to about 2400mhz without voltage
    clocking but it wasnt too happy lol
    Dalgibbard.

    Dalgibbard, Sep 30, 2004
  5. To achieve a FSB speed of 400, the clock is set to 200Mhz This is doubled to
    get the FSB figure. As in DDR memory - "Double Data Rate", the FSB sends 2
    signals for each clock tick, therefore FSB 400 is achieved at 200MHz.

    Gareth Tuckwell, Sep 30, 2004
  6. Dalgibbard

    Wes Newell Guest

    Using the pinmod would only take 1 wire to get 1.85v, 2 wires for 1.75v,
    and with 3 you can get about all you want.

    http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

    Wes Newell, Sep 30, 2004