    ive got a athlonxp3200? its a 400 fsb board without the 400 fsb option?? i
    dont get it lol

    Dalgibbard.

    Dalgibbard, Sep 29, 2004

  2. Dalgibbard

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:33:01 +0000, Dalgibbard wrote:

    > Does anyone have any reason why my M7NCD mobo is putting my fsb at 200 when
    > ive got a athlonxp3200? its a 400 fsb board without the 400 fsb option?? i
    > dont get it lol

    Because the FSB is supposed to be 200MHz, not 400MHz. See The Real Front
    Side Bus in link below.

    Wes Newell, Sep 29, 2004

  3. I have a BioStar M7NCD and I am running it with AMD 3200+ XP,
    ATI Radeon 9250 SE and PC3200 DDR 512MB for two weeks now.
    So far no problems.

    I also tried to overclock it using the utility

    http://www.cpuid.com/clockgen.php

    It seemed to work for a while @210 and then crashed. I will
    run more expts soon

    -KB

    Krutibas Biswal, Sep 30, 2004
  4. Dalgibbard

    Dalgibbard Guest

    Yea ive tweaked it about a bit- but the basic level M7NCD (not the pro or
    ultra versions) don't allow voltage changes- so stability was an issue for
    me too- i managed to get it from 2200mhz to about 2400mhz without voltage
    clocking but it wasnt too happy lol
    Dalgibbard.

    Dalgibbard, Sep 30, 2004
  5. To achieve a FSB speed of 400, the clock is set to 200Mhz This is doubled to
    get the FSB figure. As in DDR memory - "Double Data Rate", the FSB sends 2
    signals for each clock tick, therefore FSB 400 is achieved at 200MHz.

    Gareth Tuckwell, Sep 30, 2004
  6. Dalgibbard

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:37:51 +0000, Dalgibbard wrote:

    > Yea ive tweaked it about a bit- but the basic level M7NCD (not the pro or
    > ultra versions) don't allow voltage changes- so stability was an issue for
    > me too- i managed to get it from 2200mhz to about 2400mhz without voltage
    > clocking but it wasnt too happy lol
    > Dalgibbard.

    Using the pinmod would only take 1 wire to get 1.85v, 2 wires for 1.75v,
    and with 3 you can get about all you want.

    http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

    Wes Newell, Sep 30, 2004