Biostar M7VIG 400 Problems

Discussion in 'Biostar' started by uneasyrider, Oct 26, 2006.

  1. uneasyrider

    uneasyrider

    Hi all...

    Recently purchased a new mobo & case/power supply after a power surge took out my Emachine.

    Replaced with a Biostar M7VIG 400 & In-win MicroATX case w/ 350 watt power supply.

    Going into the machine are 256 megs of RAM (factory ram from an emachine D2346).
    AMD Athlon XP 2800+
    Hard drives, DVD Burner, etc.

    Anyway, according to AMD spec this processor is supposed to be set to a 166mhz FSB. There are jumpers on the mobo to set to either a 100, 133, or 166 setting. From the factory it was set at 100 and it booted up fine. But when changed to 166, I get nothing. Power spins up, but no POST or BIOS screen.

    Is there something I'm missing here or am I going to have to deal with a system dumbed down to 100mhz FSB??

    Thanks in advance...

    uneasyrider, Oct 26, 2006