    After reading the instructions it is apparent that the second slot is disabled by default through a jumper configuration on the board, the jumper can be set to enable ati crossfire with two card at x8 however it is not clear weather the configuration can be set so that the two slots will just act as separate inputs for 2 x nvidia card.

    If anyone knows if it possible to have two nvidia cards running individuality in each slot is possible on this mombo, any help would be greatly appreciated.

    (ps. the mobo is not sli compatible)

    higgylm, May 31, 2009
  2. higgylm

    williamtyree959

    Hi there,

    On the Biostar T-Power I45 motherboard, the PCI-E x16 slots are indeed configured to support CrossFire by default, as you mentioned. To answer your question:

    Using Two NVIDIA Cards Individually: The T-Power I45 motherboard is designed primarily for ATI CrossFire configurations. Although you can enable CrossFire with two ATI cards, running two NVIDIA cards individually is not typically supported by this motherboard. It lacks the required options for running two separate NVIDIA GPUs independently (e.g., for separate displays or computations) because it’s set up to support CrossFire rather than NVIDIA’s SLI.

    Possible Solutions:

    1. BIOS Configuration: Check if there’s any BIOS option that allows running GPUs independently. Sometimes, these settings can be less straightforward to find.
    2. Use CrossFire: If you're open to configuring CrossFire, you can use the two cards in a combined setup, but this is specific to ATI cards and won’t apply to NVIDIA.
    For optimal use of two NVIDIA cards, consider a motherboard specifically designed for NVIDIA SLI configurations.

    williamtyree959, Sep 11, 2024