    properly assigned in the loader file options box.

    Can anyone please help me? Thanks.

    John Speth.

    johnspeth, Oct 27, 2006

  2. Yes, I did that. Which Blackfin in particular do you use?
    Note: not all of the Blackfins and not all of the silicon revisions
    support the SPI slave boot mode. Review the errata and the rev. info on
    your chip.
    Make sure you have the pulldown resistor on the PFx line. Also make sure
    that the SPI on your host is configured into mode 1.

    I know. It took me some time to make it work.

    Vladimir Vassilevsky

    DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant

    http://www.abvolt.com

    Vladimir Vassilevsky, Oct 27, 2006

  3. If the Blackfin SPI boot mode is anything like that of the ADSP-21161
    SHARC, then you might have two problems:

    * The 21161 SPI boot code had bugs in it.

    * The 21161 loader produced an incorrect image file.

    I know this doesn't exactly help, but it gives you some places to look.

    Marc

    Marc Guardiani, Oct 27, 2006
  4. johnspeth

    adonis Guest

    Hey can anyone of you explain the spi boot process in a blackfin
    processor?
    I am basically interested in what all PF can i use... Chip select..
    etc... What is the stream format and how it exactly works.. I am aware
    of the booting process from Flash...

    adonis, Nov 13, 2006

    Go to www.analog.com and get the AN-240.

    Vladimir Vassilevsky, Nov 13, 2006