    when powered up? It was working yesterday and nothing has been done to the
    laptop since shutting down then?

    Cheers if anyone can answer this as do not have access to the manual at mo.

    threadbarexx, Jul 26, 2007

  2. threadbarexx

    ctowers Guest

    On some notebooks the screen can be turned on/off by pressing (Fn+F6).

    ctowers, Jul 26, 2007

  3. threadbarexx

    threadbarexx Guest

    Thanks!! Sorry to naive but what is 'Fn'?

    threadbarexx, Jul 26, 2007
  4. threadbarexx

    Bob Fay Guest

    Fn is the key next to Crtl on the left side of the keyboard. This allows
    function of any keys with blue symbols on them.

    Are you on battery power or AC power?

    Bob Fay, Jul 27, 2007
  5. Thank you, have now tried Fn+F6 but unsuccessful.

    It is AC powered.

    threadbarexx via HWKB.com, Jul 27, 2007
  6. threadbarexx

    Bob Fay Guest

    I only have a couple of ideas.
    First, if you shine light on the front of the screen do you see any image
    after boot-up? If you do the back light is burned out.
    Second, connect a second monitor to the port on the back of the notebook. If
    that does not work, your driver board may have failed. Manipulate Fn+F5 when
    checking this.

    Hope you are successful. That is a very nice notebook.

    Bob

    Bob Fay, Jul 27, 2007
  7. Thanks for all help - I manged to get hold of ACER technical support who say
    that I cannot fix the problem as the laptop is actually faulty and to be
    taken back to them and possibly replaced if not fixed. I can't connect a 2nd
    monitor at the moment but will do before it is sent back to back up data.

    threadbarexx via HWKB.com, Jul 28, 2007