Blank videos when using both primary and secondary displays in WinDVD 7?

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by ANTant, Nov 27, 2006.

  1. ANTant

    ANTant Guest

    Hello!

    Is anyone else having problems with WinDVD 7 when using dual displays
    mode? I have a 17" CRT for primary display and a CRT TV (connected via a
    VCR from a XFX GeForce 6800 AGP video card). Whenever I use WinDVD 7 to
    play DVDs to my TV, I get no pictures on both screens. I do get audio so
    I know it is working. If I set my display to single mode via NVIDIA's
    driver properties in Windows XP Pro. SP2 (all updates), then it is fine
    in WinDVD on my primary screen.

    I do not have this dual screen problem in PowerDVD 7, Media Player v10,
    Media Player Classic v6.4.9.0, and VideoLAN Client Media Player v0.8.5.
    I prefer using true DVD software DVD players because the other ones do
    not have good performances.

    Thank you in advance. :)
    --
    "Maybe it's like an ant hive..." "Bees man, bees have hives." "You know
    what I mean. It's like one female that runs the whole show." "Yes, the
    ( )

    ANTant, Nov 27, 2006

  2. ANTant

    johns Guest

    WinDVD has always been crappo, but the
    problem you are seeing is a hardware setting.
    Somewhere in the WinDVD setup is a hard
    ware profile that you do not have enabled.
    PowerDVD, and others get around this by
    running the video in software. PowerDVD is
    the best of the best, regardless of any hard
    ware.

    johns

    johns, Nov 27, 2006

  3. ANTant

    ANTant Guest

    Are you referring to hardware acceleration? If so, then isn't the
    hardware acceleration only for PureVideo or something? My GeForce 6800
    AGP (128 MB) doesn't have that feature. I will try again just in case I
    overlooked it.

    I always thought WinDVD was more superior over PowerDVD. Howeevr, that
    was a few years ago. Maybe things have changed now. I also HATE
    PowerDVD's GUI. WinDVD has a better GUI.

    ANTant, Nov 27, 2006
  4. ANTant

    ANTant Guest

    Well, I tried it and got blank videos. Secondary display wouldn't go
    full either. :(

    ANTant, Nov 28, 2006