BLISS 7800GS+ AGP not working to full capacity...?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by chemotherapywig, Oct 26, 2006.

1. chemotherapywig

chemotherapywig

Hello,

I recently purchased a BLISS 7800GS+ AGP on the basis of rave reviews, and I'm finding it to be a bit of a let down. All the benchtest articles I've read mention running games in super-high resolutions like 1600x1200, and overclocking the card's memory clock to over 1000Mhz. However, when I open up the EXPERTool utility that came with the card, the highest resolution I can select is 1280x1024, and the memory clock only goes up to 700Mhz! Surely this can't be right? Maybe the rest of my computer's components aren't quite in the same league as the 7800GS+, but surely I should be able to *try* these higher settings? I I can get FEAR running pretty nicely in 1280x1024 with most of the graphics settings turned up, but it struggles with several other games.

I thought that it might have been a driver issue, so I got rid of all the drivers and utilities associated with my old Radeon 9600 and reinstalled the Forceware, but this didn't make any difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

chemotherapywig, Oct 26, 2006
Ask a Question