Blue screen 0x000000F4

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by user888, Mar 13, 2008.

  1. user888

    user888

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2008
    Acer Aspire 5102 WLMi
    2x 1GB Kingston RAMs
    AMD Turion64 x2 TL-50 (1.6 GHz, 512 KB L2 cache total, 256 KB on each core)
    120 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HD
    ATI Radeon xPress 1100 integrated graphics card
    Windows XP HOME SP2 with latest updates
    Over 4 weeks I have trying to solve this BSOD problem 0x000000F4. So far, I have not found out where the problem might be.

    - I have tried 3 different sets of RAM memory sticks
    - Checked the hard drive for erros, not found
    - Unplugged and re-plugged the hard drive
    - Unplugged and re-plugged the memory sticks
    - Scanned viruses
    - Reformatted, re-partitioned all partitions and re-installed OS
    - Installed the latest drivers for graphics card and CPU
    - Upgraded the BIOS
    - Set the use of virtual memory off (No paging file).

    However, still frequently, 1-2 times per day, the machine is crashing in the blue screen.

    I hope I would find some fresh ideas from here.

    Here's the memory dump:

    * *
    * Bugcheck Analysis *
    * *

    CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4)
    A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been
    terminated.
    Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the
    system; when they are terminated (for any reason), the system can no
    longer function.
    Arguments:
    Arg1: 00000003, Process
    Arg2: 8a34fb98, Terminating object
    Arg3: 8a34fd0c, Process image file name
    Arg4: 805d11f8, Explanatory message (ascii)

    Debugging Details:
    ------------------

    PROCESS_OBJECT: 8a34fb98

    IMAGE_NAME: hardware_disk

    DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

    FAULTING_MODULE: 00000000

    PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe

    EXCEPTION_RECORD: ba1559d8 -- (.exr 0xffffffffba1559d8)
    ExceptionAddress: 75b7b399
    ExceptionCode: c0000006 (In-page I/O error)
    ExceptionFlags: 00000000
    NumberParameters: 3
    Parameter[0]: 00000008
    Parameter[1]: 75b7b399
    Parameter[2]: c0000185
    Inpage operation failed at 75b7b399, due to I/O error c0000185

    EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000185 - The I/O device reported an I/O error.

    CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 2

    DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT

    ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000006 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%

    08lx". The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of "0x%

    08lx".

    IO_ERROR: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000185 - The I/O device reported an I/O error.

    EXCEPTION_STR: 0xc0000006_c0000185

    FAULTING_IP:
    +75b7b399
    75b7b399 ?? ???

    BUGCHECK_STR: 0xF4_IOERR_C0000185

    FOLLOWUP_IP:
    +75b7b399
    75b7b399 ?? ???

    FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
    MODULE_NAME: hardware_disk
    STACK_COMMAND: kb
    FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xF4_IOERR_C0000185_IMAGE_hardware_disk
    BUCKET_ID: 0xF4_IOERR_C0000185_IMAGE_hardware_disk
    Followup: MachineOwner

    user888, Mar 13, 2008