Bluetooth connection problems - new HTC TyTN II (Win Mob 6 Pro) vs.Thinkpad T60 (WinXP Pro)

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by ship, Apr 7, 2008.

  1. ship

    ship Guest

    Bluetooth connection problems - HTC TyTN II (Win Mob 6 Pro) vs.
    Thinkpad T60 (WinXP Pro)

    Hi

    How do I connect my phone (Vodaphone v1615 - i.e. an HTC TyTN II) to
    my WindowsXP laptop which is an IBM T60 Thinkpad.

    Basically, at present the two devices can see each other - and can
    even pair. And for about 2 seconds the green fully connected icon
    comes up.
    But then they keep disconnecting from each other, without any error
    message.

    There is still an icon for the mobile visible in my "Entire Bluetooth
    Neighbourhood", and it has a small red tick underneath it. But I can
    not connect with it - certainly "ActiveSynch" doesnt think that there
    is any connection...

    One issue that confuses me is what COM port(s) to allocate to the
    phone in WindowsXP and whether those numbers have to match the
    number(s) on the phone.

    Any thoughts?

    Ship
    Shiperton Henethe